Just in case you’ve got a lot on next week, here’s the zeitgeist tape to get you up to speed on what’s coming up next on Twitter.
Warning contains spoilers
- A Daily Mail columnist will say something outrageous. Twitter will be cross, but will unwittingly support their journalism by amping the shit out of it contributing to their impressive web traffic.
- Virgin Media will be down – it’s not just you, it’s everyone else.
- Half of your pals will be at an event with an incomprehensible hashtag. They’ll live tweet, but things will get rather lost in translation “upskill connectors thru integrated hyperlocal conversations #afsmdbc11”. You’ll be glad you didn’t go.
- There will be far too many conversations about gritting roads.
- A company will have a crisis. At least 500 social media consultants will write a blog post called “5 things we have learned about crisis comms from Company X”.
- A popular internet service will change its terms and conditions. Someone will bother to read them and make everyone panic “they will own your copyright”.
- A relatively obscure person will die, everyone will come out as their number one fan.
- A government minister, probably Michael Gove, will announce a policy or write a memo. There will be a satirical hashtag.
- Something outrageous will be tweeted from a politician’s Twitter account. We will be told it was an intern (this is sometimes true but still weird).
- There will be lots of links to blog posts with lists of 10 things.